Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Flat


Oh hi, readers!

Here are some pictures of our new home. These have taken a while to get up here because, in addition to having our friend Amy staying with us for the last two weeks, we've been so busy that things have been pretty chaotic and we haven't been home enough to take pictures. But this morning, after Amy departed, I got an email from Kathleen reminding me that I promised I would post these (hi, Kathleen! I will email you back soon) and I had some time to procrastinate...so here you go!

Let's take a virtual tour!

Our living room has a lovely blue theme going on, which was a bit much for me when the art over our gas insert was some kind of blue heart disaster (since replaced with some nice beach pictures). Since this place is a summer vacation home rental, our amazing landlords work very hard to keep everything in good shape and fairly new. Despite the unfortunate pig bookends and fake flowers I had to hide, the decorations were minimal, which is perfect.
*Joe - you will appreciate the placement of Matt's laptop (mirroring his most common spot in the Bellingham living room). Clearly, not much changes over here.


The kitchen just might be my favorite part of the house. It's always warm, there's great light from the back garden most of the day, and, oh yes, it's huge! You can sort of see out into the back garden here, which is pretty lovely. Having a yard again, after the upstairs in the middle of town situation last year, is nice...even if it's mostly just to look at.


This is our kitchen table, where I spend most of my time working. We eat here too, obviously.


The bathroom is fairly unexciting, but it does have this insane dolphin theme going on. Literally everything has dolphins on it: the shower curtain, the tp holder, the toilet seat...it's a little bit intense.


I'm sorry that the guest bedroom looks a little bit bare right now. Amy just vacated this morning, so all of the bedding (blue, obviously) is in the wash. Technically, my desk is in here, but I have yet to actually do anything at it. Also, this is where all of you are invited to come and stay. You can sleep in the cozy little bed and have the half of the giant wardrobe that I haven't taken over with my overflow clothes. Awesome, right?


Finally, here is our bedroom. Not very exciting, but this year we pretty much only use it for sleeping and storing clothes. Matt has a desk in here, but I don't think he's used it yet either. I guess we're just not desk people?

Okay, that's all. I didn't show you the entry hall, but I promise it's very boring. We also have a front patio, but no patio furniture. Maybe in the spring, we can take our kitchen table out and eat in the sun. Oh wait, we live in Scotland.

5 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is amazing. And that guest bedroom has my name written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kitchen except for that dishwasher. I would think your stuff would break as it spun around in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, your place is so cute! I'm beyond jealous of your garden. Someday, when I have a home on Lake Whatcom and we just make Will take us sailing all day, I too will have a garden. I want to come visit. Maybe this spring...I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's HUGE!!!! At first I thought the blue thing was your own decorations and I felt like maybe you'd had a head injury I didn't know about and suddenly developed the sense of style of a 50 year old lady with a beach house. Of course there is nothing wrong with being a 50 yr old lady with a beach house... but I=it is a relief to know otherwise.

    I can't wait to come visit you! I'm drooling over your kitchen, I would never want to stop cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute!! love the kitchen! i miss you.

    ReplyDelete