Sunday, September 26, 2010

Summer Travels: Northwest

To wrap up our summer...

When we finally arrived back in the States in July, we rushed off to attend the wedding of Sarah and Mark - two of my best friends from college. After a brief stop in Portland to see the new home of Kathleen (of visitor fame) and John, we headed to Bend for some amazing weather, catching up with old friends, and of course, the wedding. It was fun, but far too brief, so we were lucky that Sarah and Mark moved to Seattle this year and we were able to spend a lot more time with them later.

Here I am, giving my maid of honor toast:


I love this picture because it looks like we are all so happy with what's happening, but in reality I was probably talking about vomit. Yes, it was part of my toast.

Then we hurried back to Washington for work and wedding #2 (Tessa and Ryan, but sadly we didn't take a camera). After the wedding madness, things kept moving with a visit from Andie and trips to Seattle and Orcas Island to show off the beautiful PNW. True to form, it rained for most of her visit. But here's a picture from Kerry Park when it was sunny (with Ben):


So many other things happened: Matt's birthday, a brief reunion with Jessie (winner of the most frequent commenter on this blog award and thus, a hyperlink), a visit from Sky and Lisa, and stocking up on enough good food and drink to try and see us through another year in Scotland. Like Christmas, it ended up being a little bit hectic and there were so many people we never even got to see (and so many people we DID get to see that I can't list them all), but two months flew by and it was time to head back to St Andrews.

And here we are! Our new flat is absolutely amazing, but I'm going to try and do a little decorating before posting any pictures. Things have been busy with the start of a new school year, but I'll try and get something else up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled with the hyperlink! And for being the most frequent commenter. Glad I got to see you and Matt for Manpies and MK&A. That will tide me over until we're in the same place again!

    ReplyDelete